Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Beginnings

Hi Everyone,
I have not posted in a very long time. A lot has changed in my life in the last three years. God has led me down so many wonderful journeys and different paths. I will have to update you on all the new beginnings and wonderful blessings that have happened so far. I must say God sure can amaze you and surprise you.

The picture of the barn is part of our new farm that we just moved to last fall. The barn and land is in need of much T.L.C. My husband and I have begun clearing the land and cleaning out the barn. The barn was used for storage and had years of junk stored everywhere. It took us months just to clear out most of the junk. The land too had been over run with weeds, trees and junk.

We have not had the time to begin restoring the barn to its original beauty. It is in so much need of repair. Before winter came, we placed glass in all the windows, boarded up all the holes and repaired what we could to just get us through the cold months ahead. In the freezing cold months of winter we worked long and hard on the inside to build kidding stalls. We have bred for February babies this year, which I hope to never do again. We also had to build regular pens, hay feeders and mineral troughs.

The restoration of the barn does not take precedence when you have have livestock to attend to everyday. Something always comes up and the work is never done. We had planed to plant a field of hay, but have not been able to get into our field this year at all, due to all the heavy rains.

I will keep you updated on all the progress of our farm and post pictures as new beginnings arise and changes take place. Until my next post, May God Richly Bless You.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! Glad to see you posting in here again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and do you still have your Nigerians? I am so excited to here of your new journey and beginnings!

    http://www.lindercroft.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    I am back to blogging once again. This time I hope to do it for good. Yes I still have all of my goats. It was Gods will I keep them at least for now lol. It would be hard to part from them, I love milking and I love all of my girls.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by WebRing.