Saturday, April 17, 2010

Website Finally Completed

Wow, what a learning experience. I am so thankful to see answers to my prayers fulfilled in such simple ways. I pray for success and often times success is measured by the amount of money that you have. Not so in a lot of areas. To me success is learning new skills and implementing those skills to benefit you and others.


In building a website, I learned In some areas I have no patients and in other areas what interests me. I now have a grave respect for those who do this as a living. I am learning SEO (search engine optimization) skills and thoroughly love this. I could do this for a living. To me it is like researching, dissecting and finding out new data. What is Greek to others makes perfect sense to me. It is like a light bulb went off and firecrackers exploded. Yeah this is fun!!!!

I also learned that not everybody claiming to build websites or claiming they do SEO knows what they are doing. Some even have no honesty or integrity. I know someone, I will not mention who, who just had a website built for them. I looked into their site and checked out their SEO. I could not believe what I found out. They had no keywords even relevant to their web page or business, they had no meta tags, title tag, nothing that would help them to rank in anything even on their site,

When I commented to them on this and they got a hold of their webmaster, she lied to them and said that she did SEO and continues to do it on a regular basis. Oh that is one of the things I hate the most is someone who lies. It would have been perfectly fine if she would have admitted that she knows nothing of SEO. She could have stated that she tried her best but it is not a strong point for her. To have her say she does it and does it on a regular basis when it is clear, that she does not know what she is doing, That is totally uncalled for! She also charges a monthly fee to update their site every month and keep up the SEO. Wow are they ever getting ripped off.

It reminds me of the woman who takes their car to a shop and the shop person clearly takes advantage of them and charges them for parts and work that they really do not need. Ok enough ranting and raving. IMO people need to run their business with honesty and integrity. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Until next time, Take care and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. It was nice to see your new website Jenny! And to find your blog as well... :D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by WebRing.